Thursday, December 26, 2013

Lalbagh Flower Show 2012

January 2012

This show, being the 100th exhibition event, had more attractions than usual. The attractions included a Buddha stupa and a Flower flow made of Alstromerias and the general theme being Dance forms of India.

Dance forms of India


Topiary

Buddha Stupa


Flower flow made of Alstromerias and decorated with tiger lilies on the sides




Kids lined up for the flower show

The White Silk Cotton tree 

Flower decorated Coracles floating on the Lalbagh lake

August 2012

This time around I almost missed the show. When I was near the entrance, the guards told me that the show got over the previous day. Though a bit disheartened, thought I would at least take a stroll in the garden for a while. When I reached the Glass house I was in for a surprise. They were about to start the process of taking out the arrangements and most of the barriers were gone, but the main attractions were still in tact, though a bit withered.

Dinosaur made of Alstromerias and ducks made of Roses

Tree house and Bear family made of Alstromerias and Roses respectively
Alstromerias

No comments:

Post a Comment